The typical pedestrian tries to avoid coming in contact with any motored vehicle. Still, pedestrians should know what actions to take, in case a car did happen to hit and injure any one of them, as per personal injury lawyer in Grand Prairie.
First action: Seek immediate medical attention.
Do not refuse any offer of medical aid.Make note of any comment about the nature of an existing injury, or any observation from someone else at the scene of the accident. For instance, did anyone say that they had found you unconscious?
Prepare to describe the injury to the insurance
• What part of the body has been injured?
• In what part of the body is there a sensation of pain?
• Has your clothing been damaged?
• Are you bleeding in any part of the body?
• Did you require assistance, in order to gain access to medical help?
Make note of other facts:
• The date and time of the accident
• The specific location
• The weather conditions
• The make, and model of the vehicle that hit you
• The license number of the vehicle that hit you
• The contact information for the responsible driver
• Name of insurance company for the responsible driver, plus the policy number
• License number and registration for the responsible driver
• Names and contact information for any witnesses
Questions that could be asked by a pedestrian’s lawyer
• Did the responsible party break any laws?
• Was there any evidence of DUI on the part of the responsible driver?
• Was there any evidence of negligence on the part of the responsible driver?
• Were the victim’s clothes damaged in any way?
Questions that might be posed by the defense team:
Was the walker distracted in any way? Was the walker wearing earplugs, or using a hand-held device?
In the event of a hit-and-run, the defense team might ask whether or not the hit pedestrian had made an effort to help the police find the responsible driver. The defense team might be from the insurance company that had sold the victim, or a family member of the victim, an uninsured motorist option, as per personal injury lawyer in Grand Prairie. Your insurance company will be able to pay a substantial amount to ensure that you may tide over the financial issues. Your lawyer will be able to help you get a fair amount as damages.
What could happen if the responsible driver were never found?
If the victim had no access to funds from a company that had been the seller of an uninsured motorist option, then the victim might need to create a source of funds. Today, the existence of the internet can aid creation of the needed source of funds. Crowdfunding and donations work online.