If you have been in an automobile accident, and it was caused by a malfunctioning part on your vehicle or the other drivers’ vehicle, then you want to keep reading. When you get into your vehicles, you expect them to operate in a safe manner for the entire trip however, there are always reports of parts that malfunction causing accidents. In many accidents, the results of a malfunctioning part can be dangerous and sometimes fatal.
Personal injury lawyer in Calgary knows that while it may appear to be driver error at first, after a careful investigation, a malfunctioning part may be the end result that caused the crash. This puts the liability lawsuit on the manufacturer of the vehicle at that point. Here are some of the malfunctions and defects in the vehicle that lead to accidents:
• Malfunction in airbags that don’t deploy – In some cases, airbags will fail to deploy on impact no matter who caused the accident.
• Airbags that deploy without impact – Anytime an airbag deploys, it can cause pain, bruises, and burns. It can lead to an accident to occur if the airbag blocks the drivers view.
• Airbags deploy too quickly with a lot of force- When an airbag has some force behind it, the result is going to be an injury. While airbags are supposed to prevent injury but if it deploys with too much force, it can result in breaking bones or sometimes can be fatal.
• Seatbelts unbuckle on impact- Seatbelts in rare cases will unlock in an accident which can cause an individual to tumble out through the windshield or cause serious injuries.
• Seatbacks can fail – When a seatback breaks, it can leave the individual vulnerable to injuries.
• Collapse of the Car roof – During a rollover, you want to roof to stay intact for protection however, in some cases, the roof will collapse and the driver as well as the passenger’s safety will be compromised.
• Vehicle catches on fire due to defective electrical system- You never know when something is going to malfunction in the electrical system. When this happens, the vehicle can catch on fire wherever you are.
• Failure of power steering- This makes it impossible to steer the vehicle safely causing the vehicle to go out control.
• Sudden acceleration- Losing control of a vehicle that has accelerated without you pressing down on the petal.
• Brakes fail to slow down or stop – Brake failure can result in a car accident that could be serious
If you have been injured by a vehicle malfunction, then you may have a lawsuit. You want to find an attorney that can represent you in your case. While these cases may take a long time to settle, once the manufacturer is proven to be guilty, they will need to pay.