If you have been unfortunate enough to be involved in a car accident, chances are that you have quite a lot of questions which all lead up to what’s going to happen next. Specifically – how are your insurance rates going to get affected and changed going forward. Well, right off the bat, if you don’t have any serious injuries going on, you should know that the most you’d be dealing with is damages to your vehicle and repairs. Of course, they’d have to go through for you and the other parties which are involved.
With this said, chances are that someone is going to be at fault for the accident and the insurance company is going to determine the overall degree of the responsibility based on the reports which are provided by the police. Of course, other factors which will be taken into serious account include weather conditions, the actual degree of the damage to every single vehicle, speed, as well as all other sorts of evidence which could be found in order to determine where is the blame lying exactly.
Thus, it’s obviously not as simple as just one party being allocate the entire amount of fault – it is quite possible that one of the driver gets 35% while the other 65% or something of the kind. Now, it is also important to know that the cases are quite different. What this means is that the compensation shall be calculated accordingly. This means that you wouldn’t receive the entire amount that you would have been entitled to, should you have been found to be not in fault. This is something quite important.
Your car accident is going to have an impact on your auto insurance. Unfortunately, the more often you use your privileges under your insurance policy, the riskier you become for the insurers. This is going to cause an incremental increase in premiums as your insurance policy is going to become more expensive. The overall idea behind that is to mitigate the risk that the insurance company is taking by providing you with the actual insurance benefits – the riskier you are, the more you’d have to pay – it’s quite logical.
As unfortunate as it may seem, being involved in a car accident for which you’ve been found at fault is not only going to have serious current consequences but is also going to cause some long-term problems which are associated with the usage of your policy – this is something that you would have to account for. This is why it is probably better for you to work with an experienced lawyer in Grande Prairie, with the necessary expertise and skill set.