Any personal injury lawyer knows that some dog bites bring lethal consequences. This article will go over some of them.
ANIMAL BITES CAN BE CATASTROPHIC
Since the world is world, man has been related to animals. Pets are an ideal companion and have a space in the hearts of many. However, animal bites are a global problem.
Its consequences vary according to the animal species in question, and the age and health of the victim of the bite. But all of them can cause a serious infection due to the bacteria present in the animal’s mouth.
These injuries are prosecutable by private and public action. The law establishes that the owners of the animal must respond for the damages it caused.
MINOR BITES CAN BECOME SERIOUS OR EVEN FATAL.
The severity of an injury determines compensation, so it’s good to know when a bite turns into a serious injury:
• Wounds that do not penetrate the inner layers of the skin are minor. There is a negligible risk of infection.
• A deep wound breaks the skin, and it is deep. It bleeds, and there is a risk of infections. Multiple of these injuries could be considered a serious injury.
• A tear removes part of the skin, exposing deep tissue, muscles, and bones. They are very bloody, with a high risk of infection, andtake longer to heal. They are always considered serious personal injuries.
A minor wound can become fatal. How? If the animal had a contagious disease, which spreads throughout the victim’s body. Also, it could be considered as serious if the animal bit a delicate part of the body.
The truth is that any bite that turns into an infection can end someone’s life.
MOST COMMON INFECTIONS AND LONG-TERM ILLNESSES CAUSED BY ANIMAL BITES
The most common infections are caused by dog bites. For instance:
• Rabies affects the brain and is almost always fatal once symptoms appear. The rabies virus is transmitted through the bite and saliva of the dog.
• Tetanus causes paralysis in people and could be a problem in deep wounds.
80% of cat bites on the hands become infected and can cause:
• Permanent disability
• Amputation of the fingers.
• Bartolenosis causing fatigue, fever or malaise, redness, and inflammation.
Infections resulting from bird bitesare less common but can have overwhelming consequences. For example:
• Seizures and abscesses from cock pecks on the head.
SEEKING SUPPORT FROM AN EXPERIENCED PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER IS CRITICAL
Animal bites bring physical injuries and can create emotional trauma. This factor and the other mentioned above illustrates how important it is to hire a personal injury lawyer in Calgary.
Waiting too long might become a problem. If victims do not sue within a set period after their accident, they will not be able to receive any compensation for their injuries caused by an animal bite.
A personal injury lawyer will initiate civil action and speak with the owner of the animal, or their attorneys. The goal is for the victim to know their legal options and receive fair compensation.