Consider the features of a transport truck. It is large and heavy. In addition, it has many working parts, and if any of those parts malfunction, the truck’s driver could find it hard to keep from having an accident.
Possible negligent actions that could be carried out by the truck’s driver
• Demonstrating a lack of care by doing things like speeding, or failing to signal before making a turn
• Not arranging for good maintenance: not having the truck inspected
• Remaining at the wheel when tired and in need of sleep
• Not obtaining a sufficient level of training; lying about the type of license obtained, or about the year when it must be renewed
• Driving while under the influence of either drugs or alcohol
• Becoming an example of distracted driving, most likely by using a cell phone, while steering a transport vehicle.
• Hiding facts about a past medical history from the employer (trucking company)
• Hiding facts about past traffic violations from the employer
Possible negligent actions that could be made by a shipping company
• Asking the driver of a transport truck to carry a load that exceeded the transport vehicle’s capacity
• Not providing drivers with the sort of gear that allows shipped cargo to be secured in a safe manner
• Not arranging for the creation of a balanced load
• Asking a trucking company to transport dangerous objects or dangerous chemicals
• Asking a trucking company to transport unboxed objects, so that any one of them might tip over, while being carried down the road
The ways in which a trucking company might be careless and neglectful
If the trucking company does not arrange for a time when new drivers can receive proper training, it can be detrimental for them. Oftentimes, the supervisors do not oversee any loading jobs that must be performed by one or more of the drivers. That can cause accidents due to negligence. If the job is causing the drivers to be overworked, they may cause an accident due to fatigue. Additional reasons maybe:
• Not working with each driver to ensure inspection of the trucks
• Not investing in new parts, when the old ones show signs of wear and tear
• Not updating the drivers’ GPS systems: An old system might have incorrect information, and thus cause the person that was relying on that system to get lost and become confused.
As per the personal injury lawyer in Grande Prairie, there are many types of safety measures for motorists, in order to limit the chances for a truck driver to become involved in an accident. It is important that you do not tailgate; do not get too close to a transport vehicle, while attempting to pass it.
Avoid getting into a truck driver’s blind spot as both motorists and motorcycle riders should obey that particular rule. It is important that you. It is vital to make a point of using your turn signals, before changing lanes. Pay attention to any signals created by the truck’s lights. You can pay attention to any warnings on the truck’s trailer, such as this one: This vehicle makes wide turns.